Cooking guideline based on 3cm thick steak
Rare: 4 minutes on each side
Med-rare: 5 minutes on each side (recommended)
Medium: 6 minutes on each side
Well-done: Not recommended
Substitute fillet with rump or ribeye steak
- To make the marinade, mix together all the marinade ingredients in a bowl until well combined and pour into a zip lock bag.
- Transfer the fillet to the zip lock bag with the marinade and turn to coat. Place in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours to marinate, the longer the better.
- Grill the fillet on a hot fire or griddle pan, turning to cook on all sides to your preferred doneness (see cooking guideline above).
- Cover the fillet with tinfoil and leave to rest for half its cooking time.
- Slice the beef into thick medallions and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top and enjoy!
- 500g piece of fillet
- 10 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
Tips & Tricks
As fillet is a thick cut of beef, its cooking time will be longer. Use the cooking guideline below and adjust according to the thickness of the steak.