Classic Steak with garlic ( Steak, Egg and Chips )
- Heat oil in a cast-iron pan until very hot. Add steak and grill 4 – 5 minutes per side for medium-done. (Alternatively grill over hot coals) Add seasoning.
- For sauce: Melt butter in a small heavy-based saucepan. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Serve steak with egg and chips.
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) cooking oil
- 2 x 200 g rib eye steaks or rump, 2,5 cm thick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Garlic and thyme sauce
- 80 g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10 ml (2 tsp) chopped fresh thyme or 3 ml (½ tsp) dried
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) lemon juice
Prep: 15 min
Cooking: 10 min
Ready In: 25 min
Servings: 2 people
Tips & Tricks
No tips for this recipe.