Substitute sirloin with rump or ribeye steak
- Place the coriander seeds into a mortar and pestle and grind until semi-fine. Mix together with the freshly ground black pepper and salt and set aside.
- Slice the sirloin into strips approximately 15cm long (the length of the steak), 2cm wide and 1cm thick.
- Drizzle olive oil onto the beef strips, generously rub with the coriander spice mixture and weave the beef strips onto the skewers.
- Add a splash of olive oil to a hot griddle pan and grill the skewers in batches, turning to cook on all sides to your preferred doneness; it will take approximately 5 minutes for medium-rare which is recommended.
- To make the dipping sauce, combine the yogurt with the lemon juice, zest and dill and season to taste with salt. Serve!
- 500g sirloin steak
- Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
Lemon dill yoghurt:
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
Tips & Tricks
These skewers can either be served as a starter/snack or as a meat option at a braai.