- To make the jalapeño buttermilk, add all the ingredients to a food processor/blender and blend until smooth. Pour half of it into a zip lock bag and refrigerate the other half for serving.
- Transfer the ribeye steaks to the zip lock bag with the jalapeño buttermilk and turn to coat. Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to marinate, the longer the better.
- Grill the ribeye steaks on a hot fire or griddle pan, turning to cook on both sides to your preferred doneness (see cooking guideline above).
- Transfer the meat to a board and allow to rest for half its cooking time.
- Slice the beef and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve these tender ribeye steaks with the remaining jalapeño buttermilk and sides of your choice.
- 2 350g ribeye steaks
- Jalapeño buttermilk:
- 500ml buttermilk
- 2 fresh jalapeño chillies, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- Zest of half a lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 15g fresh coriander
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Tips & Tricks
Preparation: 5 minutes (plus time to marinate meat) Marinate the ribeye overnight to maximise the flavour and tenderise the beef.