Miso and Ginger Shaking Beef
Substitute sirloin with rump or ribeye steak
- Pull the fat off the sirloin steaks and thinly slice into slivers.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium-high heat and dry fry the fat and julienned ginger matchsticks until crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Add the pak choi halves to the frying pan and stir fry for 1 minute on each side so they are still crunchy. Remove from the pan and cover to keep warm for serving.
- Slice the sirloin into 3cm cubes and remove any excess fat from the steak.
- Place the beef cubes in a bowl with the miso paste and toss together until well coated.
- Add the sirloin cubes to the same pan and cook on a high heat for about 4 minutes, tossing regularly to evenly brown the meat.
- Pour the honey and red wine vinegar over the beef, toss to coat and cook for a further minute until sticky.
- To serve, spoon the sticky beef and sauce over the pak choi and sprinkle over the crispy fat and ginger pieces.
- 2 300g sirloin steak
- 5cm piece of ginger, julienned
- 2 Tbsp miso paste
- 1.5 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 baby pak choi, halved lengthways
Prep: 10 min
Cooking: 5 min
Ready In: 15 min
Servings: 2-3 people
Tips & Tricks
If you prefer, the baby pak choi can also be steamed.