Apple and Seared Beef Carpaccio Salad
- Rub the fillet with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan over a high heat and evenly brown the beef for 1 minute on each side. Sear the ends for only a few seconds to seal in the juices. It should be rare on the inside.
- Remove from the pan and allow the fillet to rest on a chopping board for 5 minutes whilst you prepare the salad ingredients.
- Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the fillet and plate individual salads by alternating beef slivers and apple rounds to create layered stacks.
- Top with the fennel slices, red salad onions and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice over the top of each salad, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and garnish with a few fennel leaves.
- 500 g piece of beef fillet
- 2 granny smith (green) apples, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 4 red salad onions, thinly sliced lengthways
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon, halved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fennel leaves, for garnish
Prep: 13 min
Cooking: 2 min
Ready In: 15 min
Servings: 2 - 4 people
Tips & Tricks
This crisp summer salad can be served as a starter or a light meal.