Boerewors Corn Dogs
- Heat a large frying pan over a low to medium heat and cook the boerewors for 8 to 10 minutes on each side turning 3 to 5 times until the meat is cooked through and is still juicy.
- In the meantime, sieve the flour, maize meal, sugar, salt and pepper into a medium size bowl.
- Stir in the eggs and milk until well combined. Set aside until needed.
- Allow the boerewors to rest for 2 minutes before equally dividing it into 8 pieces.
- Thread the boerewors pieces onto skewers.
- Heat enough oil in a saucepan to deep-fry the entire length of the boerewors skewers.
- Roll each boerewors skewer in batter until well coated and fry in batches until golden brown. Cooking time will depend on the temperature of the oil.
- Place on paper towels to drain the excess oil and serve with suggested dipping sauces or sauces of your choice.
- 600g pack of Karan Beef boerewors
- Olive oil, for frying
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Tomato sauce, for serving
- Fruit chutney, for serving
- Mustard of your choice, for serving
Corn dog batter:
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup pap maize meal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
Prep: 5 min
Cooking: 20 min
Ready In: 25 min
Servings: 4 - 6 people
Tips & Tricks
No need to double this batter recipe if you would like more corn dogs, there is enough for extra boerewors.