Lebanese Kofta Skewers with Tahini Yoghurt
- Combine all the kofta ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Using your hands, separate the mixture into 8 balls.
- Thread each ball onto a metal or soaked wooden skewer and squash into a sausage shape. Refrigerate until needed.
- To make the tahini yoghurt, combine the yoghurt with the tahini paste, lemon juice, garlic and season to taste with salt. Add more lemon juice if needed.
- Brush oil on the koftas and grill on a hot fire or griddle pan for about 6 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked through and brown on all sides.
- Heat up the pita bread alongside the koftas.
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle smoked paprika over the top of the tahini yoghurt and serve alongside a chilli sauce of your choice,
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice onto the spiced Lebanese koftas and enjoy with the tahini yoghurt, chilli and warmed pita bread.
- 500g minced meat
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- Mini pita bread, lightly grilled for serving
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp. tahini paste
- Juice of half a large lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Spanish smoked paprika, for sprinkling
Prep: 15 min
Cooking: 10 min
Ready In: 25 min
Servings: 2-4 people
Tips & Tricks
Serve these koftas as an appetiser or alongside other grilled meat and sides dishes.