Substitute minute steaks with thinly sliced sirloin steak.
- Heat a pan on a medium-high heat, add a splash of oil and fry the mushrooms until they are cooked through and the slices of tomatoes until they are soft and caramelised on the outside. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Season the minute steaks with salt and freshly ground black pepper and fry in a pan with some oil on a high heat for about 1 minute on each side. Set aside to rest.
- Whilst the steaks are cooking, crack the two eggs in a separate pan and fry to your liking (soft eggs with runny yokes are recommended).
- Build each burger by layering the bagels with fresh wild rocket, hot tomato slices and a mushroom. Stack two minute steaks on top of each mushroom and finish them off with a soft fried egg.
- 4 x +-75g minute steaks
- 2 x brown steak mushrooms
- 1 large tomato, thickly sliced
- 2 eggs
- Wild rocket
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil, for frying
- 2 fresh bagels, sliced
- Butter, optional for bagels
Tips & Tricks
Lightly toast the inside of the bagels in a hot pan and/or heat them in the oven before serving to prevent the bread from getting soggy.